Sunday, January 15, 2012

Spicy Taco Dippers

Okay, so I did detour from my meal plan.  Last night my sweet mom brought us dinner, so we didn't get taco night.  Taco night is my husbands MOST favorite dinner.  So tonight I thought I'd fix him something a little special!

I made taco dippers.  Here is what you need:

1/4 cup broccoli/spinach/pea puree
1/4 cup zucchini/cauliflower puree
1/4 cup carrot/sweet potato puree
taco kit (I saved the wraps for another night)
ground beef
water
2 bags of corn dipping chips
salsa

I browned some ground beef, rinsed it (because I am anal about grease) and then put it back into the pan. Then I added the broccoli puree, the cauliflower puree and the carrot puree and mixed it around.  Finally I threw in the taco seasoning and water.  Mix that up, and then (for us) I added the little taco salsa stuff that comes in the kit.  I mixed it once more and its done!

I serve this with corn chip dippers that I found for 67 cents at walmart for a bag (in the tortilla chip aisle).  You can serve with cheese if you want too.  I also put out a bowl of salsa and raw veggies.  The kids scoop up the taco meat in their chip, add some salsa and yum! 

This meal has tons of veggies in it that they don't even know about!  I love that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment