Sunday, January 1, 2012

Meal Planning and low budget groceries for a big(ish) family.

Okay!  I successfully spent only $270.00 on groceries for a month at the store the other day.  I still have to buy some extra things though.  My goal is to try to stay around $350 for the month.  That is feeding my big(ish) family of 7. 

I will post my meal plans, and recipes to help out anyone else who is trying to drop the grocery bill.  The big thing for us this month will be not eating out or hitting the grocery store more than necessary since just going in usually means I will spend money I don't need to. 

This will be ongoing this month!  I stick to a weekly meal rotation (every Monday is the same, and every Tuesday is the same, etc...).  It may reduce variety but it definitely makes my life easier and simplifies our meal plan. 

I hope this not only benefits me writing it all down, but helps out someone else too!

No comments:

Post a Comment