Saturday, January 14, 2012

Puree recipe #1



My most favorite puree recipe is a combination of carrots and sweet potato.  Many people call this an orange puree (as referred to in the Sneaky Chef books).  Here is how to make it:

1 medium sweet potato
3-4 carrots
water

I always use a gigantic sweet potato and about 8 carrots - lol.  Using the above recipe will only give you about 1 cup of puree.  Using a giant sweet potato gives you a good 2 to 2.5 cups of puree.  Remember you are freezing them in 1/4 cup measures, so I usually go big to save time. 

What you do is simply cook the carrots in rough chunks along with sweet potato chunks (I boil for about 20 minutes).  Then strain them and throw them into the food processor.  Add some water (the less the better).  Puree into a nice thick consistancy. 

I then scoop in 1/4 cup measures into those handy dandy little snack ziploc bags.  Then freeze flat, and throw into a large freezer bag.  I thaw them out in warm water before I need them.  Super easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment