Saturday, January 14, 2012

Recipe for Puree #3


Here is the super fabulous spinach, green peas and broccoli puree.  It is the hardest to hide in things, but I always feel awesome when I do - lol.  Here is what you need:

1 head of broccoli
1 bag of baby spinach
1 bag of frozen peas

I use about 4 cups of baby spinach (washed and raw).  Then I use about 2 cups of frozen peas and the full head of broccoli.  Cook the broccoli and the frozen peas until tender, and throw them in the food processor with the raw spinach (I usually puree the spinach first).  Puree it down as smooth as possible, adding a little water if needed (use as little water as possible).

Then just scoop it out with your 1/4 cup measure and plop it into a snack size ziploc bag.  Freeze flat and then toss the bags into a freezer bag.  Thaw out in warm water before you need it.  If you are using it in a soup you can throw it in frozen too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment