Monday, January 16, 2012

Mashed potatoes (ps. they're sneaky!)

Who doesn't love warm and creamy mashed potatoes?  I know my kids do (well most of them anyway!)  They are the perfect place to hide sneaky veggies too!

The sneaky fix for mashed potatoes is simple!  They can easily be mixed with your pureed cauliflower and zucchini without anyone knowing.  Plus, it doesn't change their texture or color! 

Today I mixed a full 1/2 cup in my batch of mashed potatoes!  So when the kids scoffed at eating their corn but begged for seconds of mashed potatoes I could barely contain my smile ;o)


2 comments:

  1. Do you premake all your purées and freeze them ahead of time? This looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do pre-make all my purees - I try to do that once every two weeks or so. I make a giant batch and then freeze it in 1/4 cup increments in those little snack size ziploc bags. To thaw, I just pop them in warm water for a few minutes ;o)

    ReplyDelete