Saturday, January 14, 2012

Recipe for Puree #2



The second puree recipe is the one for cauliflower and zucchini.  I always spell zucchini wrong in my recipes.  Just go with it - lol.  So for this one you need:

1 head of cauliflower
3 small zucchinis
water

I cook the cauliflower (boil) until tender.  I first of course washed it and broke it up into smaller pieces.  Then I peel the zucchinis so all green is removed (if you peel too lightly they will stay green and your puree will be green).  Chop your zucchini into chunks and puree raw.  Add cauliflower chunks and puree it completely, adding water as necessary to get it to the right consistency. 

Scoop it out into 1/4 cup measures and plop into a snack size ziploc bag.  Freeze flat, then throw into a freezer bag.  To thaw, I just pop the bag into warm water before I need it :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment