Saturday, February 4, 2012

Homemade Frugal Pancake Syrup

Please note: this is soooo not healthy!  LOL.  But I am going to start a series on Frugal cooking, and thought this was the perfect start!

I wanted to make waffles today - with this!


So I was half done making waffles (will post an awesome frugal waffle recipe later!) when I realized we had no syrup.  I need syrup. 

So.  On to creation!

Here is an awesome syrup recipe!  If I knew that syrup was so easy to make at home, I would NEVER buy it for the $4 a bottle they sell it for - and it tastes soooo yummy!

3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup very hot water
1/2 cup corn syrup
1 capful of maple flavoring
1 capful of pure vanilla extract

Mix it all up in a saucepan and then pop on to boil.  Once boiled, reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.  Let cool.  I did this by putting the saucepan in a sink of cold water (about two inches) and it cooled super fast! 

I honestly think this would be amazing with a butter flavoured extract, but I need to hunt where I could find it from.  I think if you were to double this recipe, it would fill a syrup container! 

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment