Thursday, December 8, 2011

Sweet and Special just like Jesus

Recently the boys have been going out of their way to be nice to each other.  I noticed this, and was so pleased since we have really been talking about ways to bless each other.  I also got a wonderful idea from my 4 year old, Ewan, who suggested a wonderful way to let them know that I see their goodness!  He suggested that I have a bottle of chocolate smarties up in the cupboard and that when I see them do something kind - I give them a chocolate Smartie since a Smartie is "sweet and special just like Jesus". 


I have given out quite a few Smarties now, reminding them that they were being "sweet and special just like Jesus" by being kind and helping each other.  What a wonderful way to show them that they are loved by the Lord and that their mama sees their attempts at kindness.  Walking in the way of Jesus is not an easy thing, and I am so proud of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment