Tuesday, December 6, 2011

No Moo for Me...

With 5 boys, you wouldn't be surprised if behavioural issues pop up.  Boys are full of behaviour!  LOL.  They are full of energy and my boys at least are full of all kinds of wrestling and moving and fighting.  That is just boys.  However, my Ayden struggles a little bit more.  Ayden can't sit still during homeschooling, he constantly fidgets and jumps around.  He struggles focusing in taekwondo, even though my husband does it with him, and struggles with focusing on anything actually.  His emotions are all over the place, and it seemed like he started throwing more emotional tantrums now that he is 7 than when he was a toddler!  I always tell people who ask that it is like he has no control over his emotions.  He struggles sleeping and it takes hours for him to fall asleep.  I knew that we had to do something, and I could feel a prescription medication coming on.  I knew that I did not want him to take a medication for this, since I really love his creativity and spontaneous personality and fear that I would lose that.  But I also feared I would lose my mind!  Prayer has been the only way for me to cope with this, as most homeschooling mom's would understand.

Well praise the Lord, I was given an answer! 

It was so simple.  And my life has completely turned around.  Ayden is a different kid!  His emotions no longer rule our household and the children's behaviour has done a 180!  I honestly cannot believe the change that we have experienced except to call it a miracle. 

Milk. 

Yes, that "good to grow" stuff. 

My chiropracter (the most amazing guy ever - who even fixed our infants colic!) is the one who steered me in the direction of the dairy free diet.  I thought it sounded strange at first.  I did some research and low and behold TONS of moms were amazed by the difference milk made in their children.  I talked to my husband, who said it wouldn't hurt to try for a week!  I prayed that this would help, and we put the milk, cheese, yogurt and all other dairy aside.  It was time for some creativity! 

Low and behold - a miracle overcame us!

Ayden is a different child.  He can sit through his school work, he has almost NO tantrums at all.  His emotions are level, he is happy.  He can sleep, focus, behave himself and he is still the awesome amazing boy that he always has been!  Praise the Lord that I didn't just get the prescription medication.  Milk-free has changed our lives! 

I will continue to post on our dairy free miracle, and add some of the recipes that we have come up with - but my excitement made me get this up tonight!  It has been a full week now, and we are never going back! 




Just remember that God answers prayer!

1 comment: